It seems early for Christmas cards but not if you have many to make! This one is continuing on my roll of cards made from the Celebration Tidings stamp set. These reds and greens look wonderful in plaid.
All measurements in inches.
Cut the following layers of cardstock:
- Shaded Spruce card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Plaid Tidings DSP – 5 1/2 x 4
- Cherry Cobbler cardstockk – 5 3/8 x 3
- Whisper White cardstock to – 5 1/4 x 2 7/8
- Whisper White cardstock to 5 1/4 x 4 (inside of card)
- Use the 3 7/8 x 2 5/8 inch Stitched Rectangle die to cut a rectangle from the piece of DSP that you cut in step 1. Be sure to die cut so that the cut out does not appear on the background.
- Die cut the second smallest Celebration Label die from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
Cut cherry die cut in half lengthwise. Stamp Merry Christmas in Versamark ink then cover with white embossing powder and heat set. Attach die cut to rectangle cut from DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use Christmas bouquet stamp to stamp image at top of Whisper White layer (5 1/4 x 2 7/8). Use Stampin’ Write markers to color stamp, huff on stamp, then stamp on white cardstock. Use Real Red marker on berries and Shaded Spruce marker on pine and leaves. Stamp a second time in the same manner. Color in leaves with light Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blend. Attach stitched rectangle DSP piece on top of the white cardstock layer.
Adhere white layer to Cherry Cobbler layer, then adhere that to the large DSP piece.
Before Adhering the large piece of DSP to the Shaded Spruce card front, take about 18 inches of white seam binding ribbon and color it with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend. Adhere strip of ribbon to back of DSP at the top and bottom (trim at about 6 – 7 inches) so that there is a strip of cherry ribbon running vertically down the side on the front. Use the remainder of the ribbon to create a bow to tie on the front of the card on the strip of ribbon. Adhere DSP to card front.
Color a basic rhinestone with the dark Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blend and attach below greeting on card front.
Stamp bouquet in Shaded Spruce on Whisper White inside layer and attach to card. Stamp inside greeting if desired.