Hello again! This week I am embracing SALE-a-bration! I have made a card using the Counting Sheep stamp set and Sheep dies that are both in the SALE-a-bration brochure. You can earn the stamp set or dies with a $50 purchase from the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog or the July – December 2021 Mini Catalog. Why not make a $100 purchase and get both? These are fun stamps and dies that you can use to create fun cards and other items. Check out the slider card I created. I have instructions below or you can watch my YouTube video as well.
Cardstock measurements (all in inches):
Granny Apple Green
- 8 ½ x 5 ½, scored at 4 ½ – card base
- Scrap for hill
- 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 – layer on top of card front
- Two: 4 x 5 ¼ – card front, inside layer
- Scraps for sheep, balloons, hats greeting
- Scrap – fence
- Scrap – sun
How to make the card (or scroll down to watch the video):
- Stamp sheep and color with Stampin’ Blends then die cut out.
- Die cut fence out of Crumb Cake cardstock then sponge with Soft Suede ink.
- Die cut hill out of Granny Apple Green cardstock using Basic Borders dies then sponge Granny Apple Green ink on to of hill.
- Stamp grass on hill randomly with Granny Apple Green ink.
- Stamp hats with Memento Black ink, color with blends, then die cut out.
- Die cut five balloons then color each with blends.
- Color balloons in different colors, using black on the ‘strings.’
- Wrap the ‘strings’ of the balloons with a 1/8 strip of Basic White cardstock to hold them together and make it easier to adhere to the sliding sheep’s foot.
- Die cut sun out of Daffodil Delight cardstock and sponge edges with Daffodil Delight cardstock. Apply Wink of Stella to sun if desired.
- Using Basic Borders die, cut out scrap of cardstock to use as clouds; use die cut to sponge clouds on card front with Coastal Cabana ink.
- Cut out a diagonal strip on the card front using the sentiment strip from the Beautiful Trees dies. (This will be where the sheep will slide on the card front.)
- Sponge the Coastal Cabana ink on the 4 1/8 x 5 3/8-inch piece behind where the slider opening will be. The entire piece can be sponged but the only part visible will be behind the slider.
- Adhere hill, non-sliding sheep, sun, and fence to card front.
- Adhere hats to both sheep.
- Take a penny and stack two dimensionals in the middle of it.
- Place card front so that slider opening is over one the penny and the dimensionals are sticking up through the opening.
- Place second penny on top of first one, on top of the dimensionals.
- Adhere top penny near the bottom of the back of the sheep so it isn’t visible on the front so that its feet rest where you would like them to when it is in the lowest position.
- Repeat the same steps with the other penny, except that this penny will be adhere to the top back side of the sheep; this will be the highest point to which the sheep will slide (steps 15 – 18).
- The slide can be made with one two pennies instead of four, however, the sheep will flip around and up and down, not just move up and down.
- Put foam strips or dimensionals around the back edges of the card front and also near the slider but far enough away so that the pennies will move freely. Put enough foam strips or dimensionals on the back of this piece so the card does not sag.
- Adhere card front to the 4 1/8 x 5 3/8-inch piece of Basic White cardstock, then adhere that layer to the card base.
- Adhere balloons to sliding sheep’s foot.
- Stamp greeting on piece of Basic White cardstock and die cut with die from Ornate Frames dies; adhere to card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp inside card layer as desired and attach to card.
Click on the Shop Now link above to visit my online store or click on any of the supplies listed below. That is it! Thanks for stopping by…come back soon! Please check out my YouTube video on how to make this card.
View video on YouTube: