Happy Fall, y’all! Sorry my friends and family in the northeastern US, I couldn’t resist! I love fall leaves and their colors so here you go. This card features the Love of Leaves bundle from Stampin’ Up! I hope you enjoy this card creation.
Cardstock measurements (all in inches):
- 8 ½ x 5 ½, scored at 4 ½ – card base
- Scrap – label
- 4 x 5 1/2
- 4 ¼ x 5 ½ (will cut down after sponging)
- 4 x 5 ¼ – inside card layer
- Scraps – die cuts (3 leaves, label for greeting)
How to make the card (or scroll down to watch the video):
- Sponge Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, and Garden Green inks on Basic White cardstock layer. Blend edges of each color together as you go down the piece of cardstock.
- Cut Basic White cardstock you just sponged down to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches.
- Ink leaf stamp in Crushed Curry ink then use sponge daubers to add Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, and Garden Green ink to stamp; stamp on Basic White cardstock scrap. Clean stamp and repeat two more times so you have three leaves total.
- Die cut leaves out with outline die, then die cut leaf marks with inside die.
- Adhere two leaves to sponged layer of cardstock, one on each side of the card, then adhere center leaf with Stampin’ dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment on small scrap of Basic White cardstock and die cut with small label die.
- Cut out larger label from Cherry Cobbler cardstock, using additional dies to cut slits in the sides of the label.
- Feed ribbon through slits on each side of label so that the ribbon is on top of the middle of the label and goes out of each side underneath the label.
- Adhere small label with sentiment on top of ribbon with Mini Stampin’ dimensionals.
- Adhere larger label to sponged cardstock with Stampin’ dimensionals, covering up the stems of the leaves.
- Adhere sponged layer to Garden Green cardstock, then adhere green layer to Cherry Cobbler card base.
- Stamp inside card layer as desired.
That is all for this time. Thanks for stopping by…please come back soon!