Who doesn’t love dark purple? The color always seems so majestic. I like to pair it with silver for the holidays as an alternative to standard Christmas colors. In this case, it is used with Blackberry Bliss with silver foil and silver embossing powder. I hope you like my Words of Cheer card creation this week.
Don’t forget that Sale-a-bration is still going on for just a little while longer until September 30, 2021. If you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would love to be able to help you if you need any Stampin’ Up! supplies. Please check out my online store if need any of the supplies to make this card.
Cardstock measurements (all in inches):
- 4 ¼ x 11, scored at 5 ½ – card base
- Scrap – die cut
- 4 x 5 ¼ (cut out rectangle from center for die cut mat and greeting mat)
- 3 3/8 x 4 7/8 – front layer
- 4 x 5 ¼ – inside card layer
- Scraps – die cut and greeting
Fresh Freesia Shimmer Vellum
- 3 ¼ x 4 ¾
How to make the card:
- Cut rectangle out of the middle of the silver foil layer, using ½ in border on each side.
- Use adhesive sheet on back side of silver foil and die cut detailed ‘happy’ die from the middle of the silver foil cut out in step one.
- Use adhesive sheet on back side of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and die cut out the plain ‘happy’ die.
- Attach blackberry ‘happy’ to silver ‘happy’.
- Using the outline die for the poinsettia stamp, die cut the outline using Basic White cardstock.
- Put die cut in Stamparatus using template for stamp and stamp poinsettia bouquet in Gray Granite ink.
- Remove poinsettia die cut and color with Stampin’ Blends.
- Place poinsettia die cut back into the Stamparatus, again using the template to line up the stamp with the cut-out cardstock.
- Make sure to clean stamp and then stamp with Versamark ink over the colored image.
- Use silver embossing powder to heat emboss the bouquet.
- Attach the silver foil, white, and freesia layers to the card front, then add the double layer die cut happy, and then the bouquet.
- Stamp just the word Christmas on a Basic White scrap, then leaving a little space, stamp ‘from my home to yours’ in Old Olive ink below ‘Christmas.’
- Attach greeting to silver foil mat (should have enough left over after die cutting the detailed ‘happy’) and use dimensionals to adhere to card front.
- Color Basic Rhinestones with Blackberry Bliss Blend (dark) and attach to greeting.
Stamp inside card layer as desired and attach to inside of card.
That is all for this time. Remember, it is World Card Making Day on Saturday, October 2! I may have a bonus video for all of you that day so stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by…please come back soon!